Saturday, September 11
2 PM to 4 PM
Board & Brush
2924 Wilshire Blvd, Santa Monica, CA 90403
Advance Purchase Only
BLIND TASTE up to 21 Cabernets
All wines tasted blind, three at a time.
The reveal is fun, fast, festive!
One bottle opened per guest.
BLIND TASTE up to $2000 in top Cabernets
About as much fun as you can have tasting wine!
Hosted by Ian Blackburn, CSW and Professional Wine Educator
This is not your grocery store wine tasting, this wine list is stacked with great producers of merit.
Enjoy the competitive spirit - you need not know anything about wine to have a great time.
A petite cheese plate is served with this presentation, and all guests are seated.
A great selection of top productions from around the world - tasted 3 at a time!
All wines are tasted blind and we discover what we like, what we don't, and see how Napa Valley is competing with the world. My stance has been that Napa Valley is making some of the greatest wines in the world.
BUT!!! Will you pay for them???
Tasted 3 at a time - they will be from this list.
However - to keep this event VIABLE - we open one bottle per guest, should fewer than 21 guest subscribe we pour larger pours so the same about of wine is poured no matter how many bottles we open.
Current wine list so far:
- Barnett Vineyards - Rattlesnake Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley — $200
- Keever - Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley — $150
- ZD - Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2016 — $100
- O’Shaughnessy - Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2017 — $140
- Perliss - “The Raven” Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2018 — $125
- Aleksander - “Red Wine” Estate Paso Robles 2013 (The Disruptor) — $125
- Oakville Ranch - Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2016 — $140
- Medlock Ames - “Kates & B’s’ Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley 2017 — $125
- Warwick - “Three Cape Ladies” South Africa — $60
- Pahlmeyer - Red Wine, Napa Valley 2016 — $150
- Jurisdiction - Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2018 — $100
- Joseph Phelps - Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley 2018 — $80
- - 21. TBA
About Ashley and Board & Brush
In 2109 Ashley Isrow, owner of Board and Brush Creative Studio Santa Monica, sacrificed everything, left her corporate sales job in pursuit of her dream to open her own business.
Ashley fell in love with Board and Brush because she's not artistic but gained new confidence after creating a piece of home decor that looked professional. It quickly sparked hidden creative juices coupled with some wine and this venture turned into her dream business.
The pandemic has devastated the business along with many others. Ashley is fighting to keep her operation going. Landlords aren't forgiving and rent still needs to be paid. It is with fierce determination that Ashley pushes ahead to keep her dream alive. The experience of Board and Brush brings so much joy and fun to its customers and for that she will keep persevering!
We are working with small independent businesses that would enjoy having our wine audience visit their location.We need to support each other, we need your support and we think you will enjoy supporting this clever and fun business BOARD & BRUSH, and return to attend many of their workshops and activities.